Legislative Agenda 2019
Priority Legislation Issues
- Medicare for All/Single Payer Health Care
- A Minimum Wage increase to $15 an HR
- Debt Free Higher Education for 4-year institutions.
- Trust Act
- Community Healthy Air Act
Other Supported Legislation
- Economic Issues
- Worker Rights
- Collective bargaining for community college workers
- Statewide collective bargaining for local government workers
- Overtime for low-income salaried employees
- College Debt forgiveness
- Oppose the construction of the new Redskins stadium at Oxon Cove Park.
- Create a Prescription Drug Affordability Board.
Criminal Justice Reform
- Ending the Bail system in Maryland
- Elimination of mandatory minimum sentencing
- Revamp of State k-12 school funding formula, including new school reforms
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- Legalization of Marijuana
- Ban the use of Nooses and Swastika to threaten or intimidate (HB-04)
- “U-Visa” bill that would provide a pathway to citizenship for victims of crime who cooperate with local law enforcement.
- Removing Winder Sign from Wicomico County House (local issue Wicomico County)
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Support the construction of the Wind Projects off the coast of Ocean City
- Oppose the Eastern Shore Natural Gas Pipeline plan.
- Increase Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) of 50% by 2030
- Green Amendment that will set forth the inalienable right to a clean environment
- Community Solar Legislation to expand the process of having citizens invest in solar farms
- Ban single-use plastics
- Support Rank Choice Voting initiatives on the Lower Shore
- Small donor public financed election on the Lower Shore
- Constitutional Amendment Repealing Citizens United
- Non-Partisan district reform
- Ban untraceable 3D guns
Do you like this post?